Beware of Mr. Brown's coffees and teas, says the U.S. Food & Drug Administration.
Just four days after Canada placed a ban on the Chinese-made product, the FDA has done the same, citing in part tests done by the New Zealand government that showed the presence of melamine in products made by the manufacturer.
Melamine is an industrial compound that is poisonous when ingested. It has been found in numerous milk products in China and sickened thousands, particularly children.
Mr. Brown's is exported to the U.S. by King Car Food Industrial Co. Ltd. It is manufactured in China by Shandong Duquing Inc. King Car also is recalling other products, including a milk tea it makes.
The specific coffee and tea products affected by the recall:
• Mr. Brown Mandheling Blend Instant Coffee
• Mr. Brown Arabica Instant Coffee
• Mr. Brown Blue Mountain Blend Instant Coffee
• Mr. Brown Caramel Macchiato Instant Coffee
• Mr. Brown French Vanilla Instant Coffee
• Mr. Brown Mandhling Blend Instant Coffee
• Mr. Brown Milk Tea
To Dowd's Wine Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Spirits Notebook
To Dowd's Brews Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Non-Alcohol Drinks Notebook latest entry.
To Dowd's Tasting Notes latest entry.
Back to Dowd On Drinks home page.